Company name: The Bottle Kiln Ltd
Telephone: 0115 9329 442
Registered Office: The Bottle Kiln, High Lane, West Hallam, Derbyshire. DE7 6HP.
Also trading as: Bottle Kiln Retail Ltd. VAT no. 809441919. Company Registration Number: 4694536. Bottle Kiln Buttery Ltd. VAT no. 439593311. Company Registration Number: 4694529. Registered in England and Wales.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
How we gain information
We gather two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic, newsletters and marketing, to participate in our message boards, from shop orders, enquiry forms, information request forms, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys.
- We also gather information through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views, email statistics, website statistics, marketing statistics throughout our site. This information allows us to better tailor our content, products and services to visitor's/customer's needs and to help us structure, advertise and sponsor better and understand the demographics of our audience.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offer.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The Bottle Kiln will always do their best to ensure that your information is stored securely, and protect ourselves from being hacked. However, as technology is constantly evolving, and the threat from cyber security, hacking and cyber terrorism is constantly growing, The Bottle Kiln are not infallible or immune.
We send electronic newsletters to users who choose to subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in the footer every newsletter. Users can also re-subscribe to the newsletters via our website signup form.
You do not need to have cookies turned on to use the main content portions of this site but you will need them enabled for any other functional parts of the web site that require you to be identifiable or logged in.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us, or clicking on the unsubscribe or opt-out link in our email marketing emails.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Bottle Kiln. High Lane West, West Hallam, Derbyshire, DE7 6HP, United Kingdom.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- Individuals have the right to withdraw consent and request erasure of personal data as long as it’s not data we’re contracted to have.
- Individuals have the right to request what information we hold about them.
- Individuals have the right to restrict processing of their data if they’re contesting the accuracy of their data or if the individual needs the data to be stored to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- Individuals have the right to object to any processing undertaken for the purposes of direct marketing, including profiling.
Access to your information
Individuals have the right to access any personal information we hold about them.
Please email us if you wish to find out which personal information we hold about you, erase it, or to change it. There is no charge for this, except for excessive, repetitive or unfounded requests.
We will comply with requests within 1 calendar month.
We may need you to verify who you are before complying with your requests.
If an individual is not happy with how we have handled your data, you have the right to log a complaint with a supervisory authority.
We reserve the right to change and amend this privacy notice at any time. Any changes will be posted on our privacy notice page.